If you are planning to move to Dubai, you will find great flexibility when it comes to establishing your own business or working as a freelancer. Also, various initiatives have been created to make it cheaper and easier for freelancers to work and live in DubaI. The strategies related to different work gives individual as well as residents who want to come to Dubai and wish to get freelance visa Dubai.
TYPES OF FREELANCE VISA DUBAI
According to the latest update by the government, there are different types of freelance visas Dubai.
- WORK PERMIT & FREELANCE VISA DUBAI FOR RESIDENTS
Individuals who are already residents in Dubai because of their parent’s or spouses’ visas, need a freelance visa Dubai or a work permit. Having a full-time job does not prevent you from applying for a permit. You must obtain a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from your sponsor or employer to proceed with the application.
- FREELANCE VISA DUBAI FOR NON-RESIDENTS
If you are not a resident of the UAE, you must apply for a freelance visa Dubai to acquire a residency permit. The permit allows individuals to work as freelancers and reside in Dubai. You have to apply for a residence visa as well.
- THE TALENT PASS DUBAI
The General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) and The Dubai Airport Free Zone Authority (DAFZA), launched the Dubai Talent Pass. The persistence of this initiative was to attract talent globally.
This includes a field of marketing, technology, consultancy, culture, media, art, and education and allows freelancers to work and live in the Emirates.
Also, the freelance visa Dubai cost when you apply through Dubai Talent Pass is AED 9,500. You have a chance to renew your visa every year. The renewal fee depends on your work area. You can apply through the DAFZA website.
- SELF-EMPLOYMENT AND FREELANCER’S GREEN RESIDENCE
The Self-employed and Freelancers Green Residence individual can have five years of residency visa. This visa is open for application without requiring a sponsor or company employment.
There are numerous benefits of having a Freelance Visa Dubai. First, you will have the work flexibility to work for multiple organizations. If you wish to work in any of the above sectors mentioned, and you don’t want to work a 9 to 5 job then freelancing in Dubai is the best career choice for you.
Secondly, the affordability of Freelance Visa Dubai means you can provide your services at lower prices. Through Go Freelance packages, the cost for setup is low and office space is not required, it attracts more freelancers to enter the market.
Thirdly, if you have a freelance visa Dubai and a permit, you can work as an independent contractor for organizations within UAE and you will also have access to the free zone’s business center.
Furthermore, with a freelance visa Dubai, you can sponsor your family members as well to live with you.
At last, you can search more various assignments and jobs to kick start your career as a freelancer through the official websites. You can have connections with organizations and individuals who are looking for freelancers with specific skills.
HOW TO APPLY FOR FREELANCE VISA AND PERMIT
The process for getting a freelance visa Dubai is simple and only required a few steps. However, at first, you have to apply for a license for freelance or a permit to register in the Emirates as a freelancer.
- FOR A PERMIT APPLY ONLINE: You can apply through an official website like Go Freelance, you just have to click Apply, fill out the application form and submit some required documents.
- APPLICATION FOLLOW-UP: After online submission of the application, within 10 to 15 days of approval, you will be notified by email. After that you must visit free zones that include, Dubai Knowledge Park, Dubai Internet City, or Dubai Media City, here you can sign the documents and personally pay the fees. At last, you will get a freelance permit in Dubai by email.
- APPLY FOR FREELANCE VISA DUBAI: When you get a freelance permit, then you will have access to TECOM’s platform for business services, it is launched by AXS in partnership with Dubai Development Authority (DDA), which will allow you to have government and organization’s services. With this platform, you may apply for an establishment card and after receiving it, you can apply for Freelance Visa under DDA.
- PROCESS OF RESIDENCE VISA: After that, you have to submit application for your freelance visa, you will get an entry permit within five to seven days. The entry permit will be valid for 60 days from the issuance date. Furthermore, after that, you must complete the residency visa process in Dubai, like your medical test. Once you complete all these procedures, the authorities will stamp your resident visa, which will remain valid for three years from the issuance date
FREELANCE VISA COST
There are different types and costs of freelance visas Dubai
- Freelance Permit that is valid for 2 year: AED 9,000